Re: buster: not reaching login screen on console

D. R. Evans composed on 2019-12-06 11:11 (UTC-0700):

> I have a buster system that is failing ever to reach a login prompt on the
> console tty.

> The last message on the screen is:
>   A start job is running for Hold until boot process finished up
> followed by a timer that simply increases without end and says "no limit".

> How do I find out what is causing this?

After the last message appears, can you reach any of the other 5 vttys to find
waiting logins? Right away? Only after some delay of many seconds, or more than a
minute?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/