Re: Is this ALL good advise

On Fri, 6 Dec 2019 00:09:15 +0200
Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jo, 05 dec 19, 12:30:49, Celejar wrote:
> > On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 23:17:46 +0200
> > Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > The free account is quite restricted (500 MB, 150 messages per day).
> > > This is more than enough for me for the stuff I don't want on GMail.
> >
> > I really wanted to use ProtonMail, but IIUC, the free account doesn't
> > have any kind of standards (POP / IMAP / SMTP) support (and even the
> > paid accounts require something called the ProtonMail Bridge, still in
> > beta for linux and available by invitation only). I really don't want
> > to use webmail - am I missing something?
>
> ProtonMail is meant to offer end-to-end encryption out of the box.
> I don't see how they could offer that over "classic" POP / IMAP / SMTP.

By providing a (preferably FLOSS) linux version of their ProtonMail
bridge that sits between the MUA and ProtonMail's systems.

They have an entire page explaining how to utilize IMAP, SMTP, and POP3
- but as I said in my previous mail, it's apparently available in the
free tier:

https://protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/imap-smtp-and-pop3-setup/

Celejar