Re: Is this ALL good advise

On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 20:36:28 +0000
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> I wondered when the "If you have nothing to hide,..." argument would
> surface.

It is always brought up by those who believe that no authority can ever
do wrong, nor even make a mistake. I thought I'd pre-empt them.

> I have plenty to hide. For example, I would not like it
> widely known that I occasionally put my knickers on inside out.

Not many of us have things we need to hide from duly constituted
authorities, but there are many things most of us wouldn't like to be
falsely accused of, whether by accident or design.

Note that encryption is no defence against that kind of thing. The only
way to discourage it is to stop the trawling that goes on. Good luck
finding a government prepared to do that.

--
Joe