Re: Is this ALL good advise

On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 18:52:40 -0000 (UTC)
Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:

> On 2019-12-05, Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:
> >
> > Because only in the last decade or so has it been possible for a
> > government or company to read and listen to every single word of
> > correspondence of every single person in their country, without any
> > judicial oversight or probable cause. If it had been possible
> > earlier than that, it would have been done.
> >

> You are confusing the electronic harvesting of raw data by inanimate
> machines and the human intentionality required for the interpretation
> of written and audible material.

Not at all. The biggest danger is not to criminals or terrorists, it's
that eavesdropped communication will eventually be accepted in a court
of law, if it isn't already, and the large volume of material coupled
with the Peter Principle in government and law enforcement will lead to
large numbers of miscarriages of justice, many of them inadvertent. I
don't know how it is where you are, but it is claimed in my country
that at least ten per cent of driver and car records contain at least
one error. Most of them are insignificant...

If you have nothing to hide, it most certainly does not mean you have
nothing to fear.

And as to interpretation of mass communication, pictures etc., that is
almost certainly the main subject of current AI research.

--
Joe