Re: amanda stopped working: selfcheck fails

On Wednesday 04 December 2019 15:44:29 Andrea Borgia wrote:

> Il 01/12/19 22:29, Kamil Jońca ha scritto:
> > I got the same today's morning.
> > I found that in /etc/services was only:
>
> Good catch: it was recently modified and I'm pretty sure I didn't do
> it. This file is managed by netbase and look what I've found:
>
> > what tells:
> > # systemctl status inetd.service
> > # systemctl status xinetd.service
> > ?
>
> xinetd not found.
> And now the old amanda xinetd config is... gone, thanks!
>

> Thanks,
> Andrea.

Oh fudge. This could explains why anytime the amanda server touches a
buster client, the client crashes, with no clues in the logs on either
end.

Amanda, the backup utility is alive and well, despite bedsol buying and
abandoning it, the community has stepped up for support, so please fix
this ASAP. Nothing else can match how amanda does it so well.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis