Re: password refused by cups on localhost:631 (fwd)

On Tuesday 03 December 2019 11:37:59 Pierre Frenkiel wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Nov 2019, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
>     It has a been a while, but my recollection is that you add a
> normal user to the lpadmin group.  Then by authenticating as that user
> you can administer through the web interface.
>
>     hi Roberto,
>     alas, I already did that, without success.

When it pops up the requester, did you change it from the default root to
your name you've added to lpadmin and your passwd?  That works here.

Cumbersome but works. On a system w/o a root passwd, I use sudo for
everything, I haven't a clue how cups expects to get a valid passwd for
root. Boggles the mind, but it insists.  So change it yourself.

> no more answers ....
> nobody can give an advice?
>
> best regards,

Cheers, Gene Heskett