Installation of OpenFoam

Hi all,

I have been trying to install openfoam on  my debian buster system (KDE desktop) and am having fits. Debian has a .deb version that should work out of the box but doesn't. I installed the openfoam .deb in the normal way. There is no icon installed and running openfoam on the command line produces a "No such file or directory" error. I have looked through the openfoam web site and all recent related web sites. The sites fall into two catagories. Either hopelessly out of date or contain half a page of tweeks that need to be done. The tweeks don't seem to work. Some go off into the weeds with Docker which I am not sure I really need on a KDE system, If anyone has experience with installing this package please help!!!

Gary R.