Re: Docking browser tabs to windows manager.

Tomas Zubiri (12019-12-02):
> Is there a windows manager that would allow me to split a tab into a new
> window

No, window managers cannot do that. Consider this: the application is
trying to draw in one of its subwindow, but the subwindow is no longer
there, it has been moved into another window: that would fail miserably.

Window managers cannot do that, but browser can. With Firefox, just drag
a tab and drop it on a free part of the screen.

> such that the new window is recognized as a separate application?

No, that will not work either. You can have several windows managed by
the same application, but you will not manage to steal a window from an
application to make a separate one. And web browsers are designed to be
very monolithic.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George