Re: external drive

On Lu, 02 dec 19, 05:35:33, Mark Allums wrote:

> exfat support is not necessary in the card reader.  All readers support
> exfat if they support the size of sd/microsd card that comes preformatted to
> exfat.  You need filesystem support in your OS of choice.  That is all.

Just in case it's not obvious, if you manage to access the card (e.g. in
a different reader) you can erase / overwrite / reformat is as needed
with the usual tools (dd, cp, mkfs.ext4, etc.)

The exFAT tools are only needed if you plan to use the card formatted as
exFAT, which I'm guessing you don't actually want.

Kind regards,
Andrei