Re: How to get guest OS to see USB drive on QEMU

On Tue, 26 Nov 2019 13:52:13 +0000 (UTC)
D&P Dimov <lddimov@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> I am running the latest Debian Stable (10.2) with AQEMU frontend for
> QEMU 0.9.2 (2016.05.31). The guest OS is Windows 10. How to I get that
> gues OS, Windows, to "see" a flash drive plugged into a USB port? My
> search for a solution on the web has been unsuccessful so far.
> Thanks you in advance for your help.Luben

I don't know anything about AQEMU, but I just did exactly this - passed
a USB device plugged into a machine running Debian Stable to a VM
running a Windows guest - using virt-manager. With virt-manager, it's a
simple matter of going to the VM's details, clicking the "Add Hardware"
button, clicking "USB Host Device" from the list, and then selecting
the desired USB Host Device from the next list.

The term generally used for this is "USB passthrough".

Celejar