Re: Little problem with rights on a script

On Sunday 17 November 2019 11:44:40 Andy Smith wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 09:57:39AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > You may have to resort to similar measures.
>
> Hopefully though, most people asking questions here are more willing
> to read documentation and accept advice, and so will end up with
> more sensible solutions.
>
> Regards,
> Andy

I don't want to be offensive Andy, but those docs do not tell you what to
do if it doesn't work. See the man page copy that was posted as a link,
and I re posted as part of my last post shows this lack of real help.
I've no clue what 3/4 of those words actually translate to, so 75% of
that man page might as well be written in Swahili.

My first linux install was from the floppy's included in the big red
Redhat 5.0 book in 1998. 21 years ago I think.  When they started
charging a seat fee for support, I went 5 or 6 versions of fedora, but
got tired of always being a half sick lab rat.  About that time another
of my interests, metal carving with what is now called LinuxCNC, started
publishing a ubuntu variant with an RTAI patched kernel for realtime
control of manufacturing machines, then gradually making it official
with wheezy, went to debian.  So I am used to asking questions and
hacking up my own fixes. When one of those fixes seems to fit another's
posted problem, I offer it as one possible fix.

I'll also restate that the pulmonary embolism I had at age 79, which only
2% survive is a very scary way to die, but I made the grim reaper blink,
but it cost me some IQ points, then the heart attack in late Sept
probably cost a few more, but thats the 2nd time I made him blink.

Tested at 147 in '48, one could say I had some to spare, but can now see
and admit there is a difference.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis