Re: auxiliary mail client for HTML

On 2019-11-08, Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us> wrote:

>> I thought everybody just used a mailcap file and was fine.
>
> I do and have it setup to use w3m to deal with most HTML mail.  Some
> does look better in a GUI program and that's why I do this.

Well, then

 text/html;  /usr/bin/firefox %s >/dev/null 2>&1; needsterminal
 text/html;  elinks -dump %s; nametemplate=%s.html; copiousoutput

Or something like it. Needing or preferring a gui client doesn't seem
preclude using a mailcap file (or vice versa).

I'm not a mutt user, though, so maybe I got it wrong. I also forgot what
the "this" was in the "that's why I do this" above.

;-)

--
“The cradle rocks above an abyss, and common sense tells us that our existence
is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness.”