Re: Preseeding questions

Quoting Richard Owlett (2019-11-11 14:34:53)
> When I first used Debian, I found preseeding could handle the many of
> my needs/desires. I wish to explore further.
>
> Where my might I find an exhaustive list of questions which may be
> preseeded?

Since debconf values are defined and processed by each package, you can
only find an exhaustive list inside the complete package set to be
installed on the target system - e.g. by installing a draft system and
query the debconf database there.

Beware that some debconf processing done by by debian-installer is
declared by special "udeb" packages normally only installed temporarily
during install, and therefore will only appear in debconf database of
systems actually installed using debian-installer - not e.g. if creating
a draft system in a chroot using debootstrap, multistrap, mmdebstrap or
some of the related tools skipping the use of those udeb packages.

 - Jonas