Re: Thought regarding NGINX and Debian

On Tuesday 12 March 2019 07:25:34 Jonathan Sélea wrote:

> NGINX was recently acquired  by F5:
>
> https://www.nginx.com/blog/nginx-joins-f5/
>
> I came to think of when Oracle bought MySQL and it was switched from
> debian in favour of MariaDB instead. Would NGINX get the same fate in
> favour or (example) Tengine (http://tengine.taobao.org/)?
>
> What is your thought about it?

Looks quite similar, docs don't match code etc, same thing happened to
amanda bought by betsol earlier this year. No one that understands
amanda came along with the code and the code base now claimed by betsol
is at least half a full version out of date.  The users are doing their
damndest to rescue it, but...

unforch, reinstalling apache2 is not a workable situation because it was
built for the repos w/o libwrappers support.  Dumb and forces me to run
iptables to block the bots that are DDOSing my site.

> --
> Jonathan Sélea
>
> PGP Key: 0x8B35B3C894B964DD
> Fingerprint: 4AF2 10DE 996B 673C 0FD8  AFA0 8B35 B3C8 94B9 64DD

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis