Security Issue with sssd / AD authentication?

Probably not the best place to put this information, but I figure here is better than no where...

I'm tinkering with authentication a Debian (10.1) box via Active Directory, so that an AD user can log into the Debian box.

The relevant /etc/sssd/sssd.conf file has the following modification:

use_fully_qualified_names = False

If I have a local account (say, "westk") and a domain account of the same name, but with a different password, I can log into the Debian box with the domain "westk"/password, but the "id" command shows me then to be logged in as the local "westk".

The result is that if I have a local account that belongs to a completely different person than a person with a domain account of the same name, the domain account person, upon login, becomes the local account person, with full access as that person.

Advice? Suggestions? Questions?

Thanks!

--

Kent