Xorg: symbol lookup error: "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.so": undefined symbol: "exaGetPixmapDriverPrivate"

I'm on Debian testing.

The computer I run it on has a ATI Radeon FireGL V3100 graphic card.

Launching an X environment invariably produce this error :

Xorg: symbol lookup error:
"/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.so": undefined symbol:
"exaGetPixmapDriverPrivate"

I didn't see anything meaningful to include here in X
logs/var/log/Xorg.0.log

I'm guessing the graphic card is just not supported.
Is there a way to simply fall back on a less capable driver?
I just want to be able to run a basic modal WM anyway (like i3 or Dwm)

cheers