Re: auxiliary mail client for HTML

On 05/11/2019 03:04, Russell L. Harris wrote:
I installed Thunderbird -- what a huge truck-load of stuff!  But the
configuration wizard would not allow me simply to point Thunderbird to
the maildir to which getmail delivers incoming messages.

Thunderbird has *experimental* maildir (actually maildir-like) support but it is only intended to be used as Thunderbird's private mail store. It is not intended to point to a maildir put on disk by some other program.

I emphasised "experimental" above because the maildir support in TB is not complete and is not yet reliable in all scenarios.

So I don't think TB would be a solution to access your current maildir structure.

Set up a local IMAP server instead? :-)

--
Mark Rousell