Re: Got a puzzle here

On Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 09:44:56AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

[...]

> If its not built to use libwrap0, then I assume it has its own module to
> similarly restrict its response to a specified incoming source address?
>
> And it is?

See above :)

Much more flexible than tcpwrappers. And once you got that up and
running, you might escalate to fail2ban (hint: get your Apache to
recognize reliably those clients you don't want -- be it by host
name, IP address, user agent string, whatever else or a combination
thereof; then teach your apache to mumble something in its log
file which fail2ban understands. Then unleash fail2ban).

But first things first -- and perhaps the Apache config is enough
for your needs.

Cheers
-- t