Re: Backup Times on a Linux desktop

On Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 02:47:46AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
Just 4 or 5 days ago, I had to recover the linuxcnc configs from a backup
of the pi3, making a scratch dir here at home, then scanned my database
for the last level0 of the pi3b, pulled that out with amrecover then
copied what I needed back to the rpi4 now living in my Sheldon Lathes
control box. File moving done by an old friend, mc, and sshfs mounts.
Totally painless,

As a former Amanda user in a professional setting (thankfully now deep
in my past), I read most of this with a mixed sense of nostalgia (oh yes
I remember that) and pleasure that I am no longer having to put up with
it, although once I got to "totally painless" I almost spat out my tea.
Since you are all set up already and it's working great for you I
wouldn't suggest you change anything but for anyone who isn't already
invested in Amanda, the process you describe there is considerably more
awkward than that offered by many more modern tools.