Re: Stopping webcrawlers.

Hello,

On Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 10:04:46AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> I am developing a list of broken webcrawlers who are repeatedly
> downloading my entire web site including the hidden stuff.

[…]

> How do I get their attention to stop the DDOS?  Or is this a war you
> cannot win?

Hosting a public web site on a domestic broadband connection with low
data transfer allowance isn't the best way to go in 2019, but you
can have some success with an escalation of:

1. robots.txt

2. UserAgent banning

3. Fail2Ban and/or apache modules for per-IP quota or requests and
   bytes.

Cheers,
Andy