Re: KDE madness again

On Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 08:45:49AM +0100, deloptes wrote:

> Long time ago I stopped using KDE, because they started going insane.
>
> Two days ago upgraded to Buster and now wanted to check if all works fine.
>
> One of the things I need to use is qdbusviewer - unfortunately there is no
> acceptable alternative. Now I spend already one hour because of the
> stupidity and madness of the way KDE decided to do configuration
>
> $ qdbusviewer
> qdbusviewer: could not exec '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/qdbusviewer':
> No such file or directory

I am currently running most packages on testing. On my system,
qdbusviewer seems to be:

# ls -l /usr/bin/qdbusviewer
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 May  3  2019 /usr/bin/qdbusviewer -> qtchooser

qdbusviewer itself seems to be in qttools5-dev-tools, and I seem to be
able to run it as:

# /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/qdbusviewer

Please let mke know if some version information from my side would
help.

Thanks.

Kumar
--
Computers are not intelligent.  They only think they are.