Re: KDE desktop not accessible after installation

On 11/2/19 9:06 PM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
I don't know the full details on how kde starts, but have been
researching jovie to my limited capacity.  If spdconf has been run and
had a voice configured it may be possible to hit alt+f2 then type jovie
<enter> or kmouth <enter> and maybe have speech come up and talk.  Me
with no kde experienced sighted assistance let alone any sighted
assistance tried to get Kaos-linux going earlier today and that was a
total failure.
A way exists to install enough xorg packages so you could log in as a
console user and then run startx to bring up kde but I don't have full
details on that one in my notes.  If you did that, you'd be able to run
spdconf in console mode and get it set up and working before your next
attempt at kde.  Good luck, also there is an kde-accessibility@kde.org
email list for what passes for kde accessibility support.

On Sat, 2 Nov 2019, Kenward Vaughan wrote:

Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2019 14:42:45
From: Kenward Vaughan <kay_jay@att.net>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: KDE desktop not accessible after installation

Hello,

I have been using XFCE for quit some time, but wanted to play with several
other desktop environments, so I installed Cinnamon, Mate, and KDE.

The KDE choice does not show up in sddm's or lightdm's menu.?? I see no
startkde (has that disappeared?), and I have no .xsession* file.

Anyone know what I am missing to get this to work?

I am running an up-to-date testing system...

Thanks,

Kenward

I'll look for that (spdconf).?? Thanks!

Kenward