Re: KDE desktop not accessible after installation

Kenward Vaughan composed on 2019-11-02 11:42 (UTC-0700):

> I have been using XFCE for quit some time, but wanted to play with
> several other desktop environments, so I installed Cinnamon, Mate, and KDE.

> The KDE choice does not show up in sddm's or lightdm's menu.?? I see no
> startkde (has that disappeared?), and I have no .xsession* file.

> Anyone know what I am missing to get this to work?

> I am running an up-to-date testing system...

NAICT, upstream changed the name from startkde to startplasma-x11 and
startplasma-wayland. Testing apparently picked this up this change incompletely,
as in not yet packaged a matching xsession file.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/