Re: Backup Times on a Linux desktop

On 11/2/2019 3:24 PM, Konstantin Nebel wrote:
Whoever read till the end Im thankful and ready to hear your opinion.

I use restic (the static binaries from the Github release page, not the Debian package which falls out of date too quickly) and invoke it from crontab. On my LAN server, the script creates LVM snapshots of the volumes to back up and the backup runs against that to get a true point-in-time backup.

The local backup repository is stored on a RAID1. A remote system regularly runs "rclone copy --immutable" to pull new data, but ignore deleted and changed data (preventing corruption/loss of data already copied off-site).

The remote system also syncs its local copy to B2, so I have three geographically-distributed copies.

--
Chris Howie
http://www.chrishowie.com

If you correspond with me on a regular basis, please read this document: http://www.chrishowie.com/email-preferences/

PGP fingerprint: 2B7A B280 8B12 21CC 260A DF65 6FCE 505A CF83 38F5

                    IMPORTANT INFORMATION/DISCLAIMER

This document should be read only by those persons to whom it is addressed. If you have received this message it was obviously addressed to you and therefore you can read it.

Additionally, by sending an email to ANY of my addresses or to ANY mailing lists to which I am subscribed, whether intentionally or accidentally, you are agreeing that I am "the intended recipient," and that I may do whatever I wish with the contents of any message received from you, unless a pre-existing agreement prohibits me from so doing.

This overrides any disclaimer or statement of confidentiality that may be included on your message.