Re: Backup Times on a Linux desktop

Konstantin Nebel wrote:

> Whoever read till the end Im thankful and ready to hear your opinion.

There are many good solutions out there. I can not say anything about your
specific use case. Usually you would do a snapshot of the partition and
backup, but I am not so far here. I do classical file based backup.

I resumed doing backups last year after 10y break. I do backup only of
important data (accounting, personal information). I found out that the
best tool for me to use is borg. It has compression, password protection
and deduplication, so currently 4 backup copies of 2 clients and a server
(total of approx 2TB of data) occupies 860GB on the backup server.

There are also few GUIs or WebUIs, which I do not use.

My use case is quite opposite. I shut down the backup server as I do only
weekly and monthly backups.

Anyway from my experience borg is the best and I can recommend it wormly.

hope it helps
regards