Re: geany cannot use printers shared by cups

On 2019-11-02 17:33, deloptes wrote:
Gene Heskett wrote:

A month ago printer sharing worked, now the only option showing in the
print requester for geany is cups-file or cups-pdf.

yet I can run firefox and send it to localhost:631/printers on any of the
client machines and see all 5 of the shared profiles I have setup.

Clues for the obviously clueless please

if the cups server != cups client

check on the client that you have
/etc/cups/client.conf

with option pointing to your cups server

ServerName <your cups server>

that's the one bit that I was missing to get things to work.
When it's behaving have a look at enscript.
I just used it to change the font size but it looks to have loads of useful options.

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31