Re: no ethernet drivers in testing/10 netinstall image?

On Sat 02 Nov 2019 at 15:12:10 (+0100), Pascal Hambourg wrote:

> > This is pretty strange: the e1000 driver should be part of the base
> > kernel package:
>
> IIUC the OP is talking about the netinst installer, not an installed
> system. Maybe he encountered a situation where the d-i package
> containing NIC modules was not installed yet,

On my system, you'd have about 52 secs during which that would
be true.

> or the installer was damaged.

I think the OP needs to post more information, like which ISO,
and whether they actually booted it. In particular, where was
the modules directory containing the lonely broadcomm file that
they reported seeing?

Cheers,
David.