Re: KISS gpg

On 2019-10-30 18:58, Nicolas George wrote:
Hi.

Is there somewhere in Debian a KISS version of GnuPG or something
compatible?

The current default version of GnuPG, since 2015, necessarily uses a
client-server agent to access the private keys. While it is convenient
and secure for everyday use, but for some tasks, the efforts it makes to
protect my files from myself prevent me from doing the tasks I want.

As a short-term solution, does anyone know how to add a pass phrase to a
private key while exporting it, without changing it on the storage?

Regards,

Excuse me for answering without really understanding the subject very well. I think you can export the private key ascii armoured and then it is a text file
which presumably you can encrypt with some other program ?
I would have thought that if you add a passphrase ( if an option )to a private key after you generated
it then that and the original key would have different signatures ?

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31