Re: Dependencies et al (was: Default Debian install harassed me)

On Mon 07 Oct 2019 at 16:03:21 (+0300), Reco wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 07, 2019 at 01:32:59PM +0100, Brian wrote:

> > > Clearly there are several people that are using ad44@cityscape.co.uk e-mail.
> > > Please share the answer to this question once all of you reach some conclusion.
> >
> > Your theorising is interesting and doesn't really answer the question.
>
> Because if you make a certain statement, the burden of proof lies on you.
> Now that you have answered own question,
>

> > That address is not subscribed to the list and plays no part in routeing
> > mails to or from the list.
>
> Yet e-mails with that address at From: do have X-Spam-Status: LDOSUBSCRIBER.
> Whenever list e-mail is delivered at another e-mail is hardly relevant.
>
> Please show a e-mail from the list subscriber that does not have
> aforementioned attribute, then we'll have something to talk about.

Dead easy. Just configure your email system so that the envelope-from
does not match your subscribed address. All my list postings lacked
LDOSUBSCRIBER until April last year for that reason. Judging by one
of the threads I contributed to at that time, I expect that this is
when I changed my domain's name from nothing to "corp", and stopped
exim from nagging me about my FQDN.

AIUI .corp became a TLD pariah earlier that year, having been
suggested for use, for example, in RFC 6762. I use it merely because
you seem to get fewest "false hits" when you  #  grep -r corp /etc
as compared with the alternatives, home and mail.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/02/12/icann_corp_home_mail_gtlds/

Cheers,
David.