Re: Differences between apt-listchanges/unattended-upgrades/apticron/cron-apt

Hi,

Thank you very much Dan & Jonas and sorry for the delay...

I think it's pretty clearer now for me.

So in case I want to
A) be notified should there be any new upgrade available
B) have my security packages be ugraded automatically and be notified
C) receive an email with the list of changes
I will need to install
* apticron for A) and configure /etc/apticron/apticron.conf* unattended-upgrade for B) and configure both /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/20auto-upgrades and /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50unattended-upgrades
* apt-listchanges for C) and configure /etc/apt/listchanges.conf

I bet cron-apt (still with apt-listchanges) can do all of this but the configuration seems more complex/tricky.

Is that all correct please?
Best regards,
l0f4r0

10 sept. 2019 à 19:05 de l0f4r0@tuta.io: