Re: attempted install of buster arm64 net-install on rp4 fails instantly

On Thursday 12 September 2019 08:16:57 David wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 at 16:14, deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:
> > My RPI4 arrived as well - need to pick up also power supply and
> > cables, which arrived too. Excited to see how it performs.
>
> I have one of the official cases as well but after setting eyes on it
> I never even bothered to try it,  due to the thermal issues.
> I use one of these instead, very happy with it:
> https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GeeekPi-Raspberry-Pi-Acrylic-Case-with-Coo
>ling-Fan-Heatsinks-for-Raspberry-Pi-4/183870693770
>
> I didn't bother with the heatsinks that came with it. I just wanted a
> fan and some ventilation instead of a sealed little plastic oven.

I have a combo top/heat sink coming all fins on top. Since it will be
mounted upside down and there is a fan under it, it should be ok.
Turning it over puts the gpio pins in a straight line to the iface card,
cable is only an inch long.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis