Re: Default date output format changed after an upgrade to buster

On 2019-09-12, rhkramer@gmail.com <rhkramer@gmail.com> wrote:

> But, ok, I'll try to burn that into my memory -- at night (when it is dark)
> 12:00 (midnight) is the beginning of morning (12:00 am).  During the day, when
> it is light 12:00 (noon) is the beginning of night (12:00 pm).
>
>> If 11:59 PM is two minutes before 12:01 AM, then 12:00 is AM.
>>
>> The problem stems from 12 actually indicating what anybody sensible
>> would consider 0.

There is a special-case moment straddling the previous as well as the
next day simultaneously. In 24-hour clockland, if you wish that instant
in time to belong to the day that is ending, you write 24:00 (to denote
midnight at the end of the calender day); on the other hand, if you
desire the instant to belong to the following day, you write 00:00 (a
much more common notation, but I suppose the former has its uses also).

--
Thug: This is a stickup! Now come on. Your money or your life.
[long pause]