Re: Screensaver issues after distro upgrade

On 9/11/19 12:12 AM, Ben Caradoc-Davies wrote:

I saw the same problem when I tried lightlocker after upgrading to XFCE 4.14, so I went back to good old xscreensaver. Ugly bitmaps fonts and no theming, but secure and reliable. There is a new locker in XFCE, but there have been reports of segfaults causing uncommanded unlock, so I consider it too vulnerable for use. There is a bug report.

Kind regards,

Ben, I just removed light-locker, and the problem disappeared. I did not reinstall xscreensaver (yet). Looks as if it is not required in my environment (MATE).

Regards,

Misko