Re: AW: Install debian armhf on tablet "surface rt"

hans.ullrich@loop.de wrote:

> Hi deloptes,
>
> I think, the hardware is not so important at the first time. My problem is
> more, to get grub to be able, to boot an iso-image. It is not important,
> if this is the debian installation iso (what is preferrred), or any other
> iso. Even a livefile system would be ok (like debian-live, knoppix or
> kanotix, just to name three ones).
>
> So I am still fighting with the usb-stick. The "Surface RT" is capable to
> start of an usb-stick, but it is EFI secured. However, the debian
> installer (on intel hardware) can be started with uefi, too, so why should
> the same not work with armhf?

Well, try it on normal PC and after this on the Surface RT

> If it really does not work, I always cann sell the tablet.
>
> But if I could get debian on it running, this would be great, as the
> hardware of the Surfce RT is really nice.

Yes, I recall seeing the specs few years ago (I think it was the Surface),
but the price was a bit too high back then. However there was no support in
linux or debian, but now might be possible, but I also noticed the warning
that because of the locked EFI it is a pain.

good luck

regards