Re: attempted install of buster arm64 net-install on rp4 fails instantly

On Sun, Sep 08, 2019 at 04:48:22PM +0200, deloptes wrote:
> Gene Heskett wrote:
>
> > And that contained the seeds of my boot problem, the ntfs cards need to
> > have a fat32 re-formatting. NTFS/SDXC doesn't work.
>
> No idea how the 4b works but the older 2b needed vfat because of the
> firmware [...]

AFAIK it also had to be the *first* partition on the medium. I don't know
whether the kernel has to be on that same partition (but that's the only
configuration I tested).

I've the hunch that the firmware also has to be on the top-level dir,
but haven't checked yet.

Note that this is all Rpi 3B+

Cheers
-- t