Re: attempted install of buster arm64 net-install on rp4 fails instantly

On Sunday 08 September 2019 05:51:43 David wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Sep 2019 at 06:59, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> > [...] What did I do wrong [...] ?
>
> I have attempted to find relevant info from the Debian project
> for you. I found these two pages, which seem to be recently
> updated by active developers:
> [1] https://salsa.debian.org/raspi-team/image-specs
> [2] https://wiki.debian.org/RaspberryPiImages
>
> Quoting from [2] above:
> "The new (June 2019) Raspberry Pi 4 is not yet supported
> (the kernel does not yet have a Device Tree for it) "

I may have, as of yesterday, a testable gpio/spi driver for the pi4b, it
appears the major change is the base address of the gpio stuffs.  One
conditional define, maybe.

> I don't know about the Debian ARM images, but if
> they were relevant then I assume they would be
> mentioned at the links above.

I'd assume so too, but then the pi4 announce no doubt caught the debian
folks busier than that famous cat covering his output on a tin roof.
truly good support if lots of changes may wait for bullseye.  That IMO
can be laid on the Foundations doorstep, the deeper the better, as they
should have been sharing that under an NDI of some sort.  Catching your
folks out does not a pretty picture of the Foundation paint.

Thanks David.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis