Re: attempted install of buster arm64 net-install on rp4 fails instantly

On Sunday 08 September 2019 04:03:00 deloptes wrote:

> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I have a bigger 4 amp supply  but haven't rigged it with output
> > jumpers yet.
>
> But in the specs of the RPI4 it says it requires a 3A PWR supply.

Thats not listed on the multi-language paper in the rpi4 bag. Not your
(debians fault) but some lawyer wrote that to specificly remove any
helpfull info, like how to power it up.

I'll get that going with a 4 or 5 amp today. I should have at least one
of those in the spares box yet.

> However I think it is possible that you have another issue with the
> SD-CARD.
>
> It looks to me that now with RPI4 and the bootloader placed on the
> device.
>
> What I do not understand is if the net boot works or not, cause it is
> saying it will be enabled by optional updates later.

I saw that someplace too, and am confused that net booting was even
mentioned. Thats a whole new critter.

Net boot is not net installer, by quite a lengthy row of apple trees.

I'll get a new bigger supply hooked up today and let this list sort out
how to prep a 64Gig, ntfs formatted u-sd card. I believe I now have an
spi driver that will work with both a pi3b and the new pi4b. Testable at
least.

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)