System drive disaster recovery (was Re: apt package tool)

On 9/7/19 4:20 PM, Amir Emami wrote:
Hi.
i uninstalled python completely and deleted the interpreter files.
my apt tool corrupted.
i installed python again and my apt didnt work yet.
then i used 'apt remove(purge) apt' to remove and install apt again
now when i'm trying to install it via dpkg -i it shows me an error
so i used --force-all but when i put apt in cmd it gives me a
relocation error about libapt-pkg5.0.0
please help me.
its SOS.thanks

Here is my reply to another thread about migrating a crufty system drive to a fresh install. I would use the same procedure for recovering your system drive:

https://www.mail-archive.com/debian-user@lists.debian.org/msg743408.html

If you have an image of the drive from before the disaster, replace the sixth step, "Do a fresh install of your chosen OS ...", with "Restore prior system image".

Please reply with your discoveries, progress, questions, etc..

David