Re: attempted install of buster arm64 net-install on rp4 fails instantly

On Saturday 07 September 2019 20:09:44 deloptes wrote:

> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > That is what I am trying to boot from, a 64GB u-sd with its
> > filestystem changed from NTFS to #6 (fat16) in fdisk.  May not have
> > the mbr or gpt table properly formatted. Will try gparted next.  But
> > its time I put on my chefs hat. Gotta feed us.  Not sure what yet,
> > might even be road stew!
>
> I do not think it is using GPT or MBR at all. It needs vfat in the
> beginning of the disk, so that it can load the firmware, but not sure
> how the RPI4 will look like.

google is not at all helpfull. You would think, that if they really
wanted market share fast, such info would by now be falling all over
itself for search engine rankings.  It doesn't seem to be.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis