Re: attempted install of buster arm64 net-install on rp4 fails instantly

Gene Heskett wrote:

> There is only a split second of activity of the green led, then it just
> sits there, no on screen msg of any kind.  What did I do wrong in dd-ing
> the net-install iso to the new 64GB u-sd card?

I ordered also one RPI4 few days ago, waiting for it to arrive. From my
experience with RPI2 you need to take care of the boot loader first. It is
not a simple process, but not sure how it looks like in RPI4 - I assume the
same as mentioned here:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/raspberrypi/booteeprom.md

To test the RPI I used TFTP boot and old 256MB sd card where I put the
bootloader for network boot. It was much easier to compile and test any
software on the server.

The boot partition must be vfat and hold the firmware.

regards