Re: usr merge apparently breaks amanda

On Friday 06 September 2019 14:32:29 John Hasler wrote:

> Gene writes:
> > Firewall rule?  I haven't run iptables on any of these machines
> > since forever but with systemd taking over, I've no clue how to
> > disable it if it is running.  htop see's nothing that looks like
> > iptables, has it been renamed?
>
> Iptables is not a daemon.  It is a tool for installing and
> administering kernel filtering rules.  It runs once at bootup and then
> exits when a firewall has been installed.
>
> Systemd can install a set of firewall rules at bootup but I don't
> think it does anything by default.
>
> The default Debian firewall rules are wide open.

Good, I haven't touched them that I know of. I have gone to the machine
and found a blank screen, and no response to the usual keyboard stuff.
Only the power switch down, count to 10, back up, slow reboot,
culminating in the usual xfce4 login screen.
Probably with the 2 SSD's unmounted, I need to attack /etc/fstab and fix
that. They were mounted and usable when amanda came calling.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis