Re: usr merge apparently breaks amanda

Le 06/09/2019 à 16:39, Gene Heskett a écrit :
On Friday 06 September 2019 10:20:14 Greg Wooledge wrote:

I could very easily see amanda itself breaking from usrmerge, if it
contains programs that try to invoke commands using their full paths
(e.g. /bin/rm -f ...).

Why would that break ? Old paths are still valid, this is the purpose of the symlinks.

Before usr merge :
/bin/rm -> ok
/usr/bin/rm -> ko

After usr merge :
/bin/rm -> ok
/usr/bin/rm -> ok

Unless something is unable to follow symlinks.
FAILURE DUMP SUMMARY:
   picnc / lev 0  FAILED [data timeout]
   picnc / lev 0  FAILED [[request failed: No route to host]]
   picnc / lev 0  FAILED [dumper TRYAGAIN: [request failed: No route to
host]]

This is a network error (ARP or NDP address resolution failure). I wonder what it has to do with usr merge.