Re: stretch: amd64, no dmesg when usb stuff plugged in

On Thursday 05 September 2019 19:11:42 Gene Heskett wrote:

> Greetings all;
>
> So what utility thats supposed to monitor that, has taken a holiday?
>
> Thanks All.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

I found it. A staples brand usb hub that has served on the end of an
extension cable, as a place to plugin the dongles for the keyboard/mouse
for the last 8 or so years was doing funkity things to udev. Replaced
with another off brand slow hub with power buttons for each socket, and
the system is back to something resembling normal operation.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis