Re: Is Buster ready?

On Tue 03/Sep/2019 16:28:48 +0200 Greg Wooledge wrote:
>> On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 22:50:41 +0200 Alessandro Vesely <vesely@tana.it> wrote:
>>> I've been trying to install 10.0 via netinst. <SNIP> but it also has
>>> some funny behavior, like not adding /sbin to the PATH after a
>>> successful su command.
>>

> This is a change in buster.  It's documented on the Debian wiki at
> <https://wiki.debian.org/NewInBuster#Changes> where you can see several
> different options for working around the change.
>
> Personally, I find that none of the workarounds is perfect, but the one
> that involves putting ALWAYS_SET_PATH yes in /etc/login.defs is the
> least terrible.  Your opinion may differ.

Great, I'll do that when I'll upgrade.  I have lots of su -c 'blah' scripts...  Thanks!

For another quirk, the /etc/dbus-1 directory only contained two subdirs only, no links to .conf's.

One positive note, mokutil --sb state reports "SecureBoot enabled", which happened without my having done anything else.

MOST IMPORTANT HELP WANTED:

That laptop features a radeon "Vega 6" graphic card, which doesn't seem to be recognised (lspci -k reports no drivers for VGA and Non-VGA entries).  I'm wandering if I should try and install the packages in https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-prorad-lin-18-20, for Ubuntu 18.04.  Don't they do Debian?

Best
Ale