Re: mplayer won't play m4a

Hello Rodolfo,

Forgive me, if this was already answered.

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019, 9:26 AM Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all...

>From mplayer.user mailing list I got no answer...

$ playfile fantasia_a_due-prova_13_agosto.m4a

I use the terminal "play" command, which is part of the sox package.  I had managed to configure it for  .m4a files, a few years ago under a "varient" of Debian, Ubuntu 14.04.  I remember "support libraries" for sox (libsox?) that went by three:  Good, Bad and Ugly.  Does that ring a bell for anyone? (One of those may even be in "nonfree", due to Apple Licensing issues).

This just came up for me, after I locate an old iTunes library.   (Also, I would like to get this Thread back On Topic).

Kenneth Parker