Re: test, Was: mplayer won't play m4a

On 2019-09-03 at 07:28, The Wanderer wrote:

> On 2019-09-03 at 07:15, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

>> Regrettably the newsgroup archive version is still not reachable for me
>>   http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/558396
>> It would really be interesting to see whether Rodolfo's failed attempts
>> pile up as follow-ups to that message.
>
> I got a timeout-error page when trying to load that URL. I wonder
> whether there's something wrong with Gmane's systems at the moment, or
> even whether that's somehow an invalid URL?

The exact error I get is a 522 page from Cloudflare, reporting that "the
initial connection between Cloudflare's network and the origin web
server timed out".

The reason I bother to come back to mention this is that I just now got
a very similar error page from an attempt to connect to nintendolife.com
on my smartphone, after a page from that site came up in my Google news
feed (showing as having been posted three hours ago).

This could be a coincidence, but it may also be the case that there are
broader outages going on at the moment.

--
   The Wanderer