Re: test, Was: mplayer won't play m4a

On 2019-09-03 at 05:40, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> a more elaborate theory:
>
>   https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusTutorial
> shows that Gnus+Emacs works on e-mail and newsgroups alike.
>
> If Rodolfo's Gnus got Andrei's message from a newsgroup rather than via
> mail, then it might have directed the reply to that newsgroup.
> I got the Cc: via mail, because Gnus merrily mixes both communications
> channels. (It's easy. Formats and transport protocols are very similar.)
>
> I think the theory is dead that Andrei POPESCU's mails themselves are
> the trigger. Those which i have in my mailbox show no USENET headers.

> So a request to The Wanderer:
>
> You wrote that you have a copy of
>   https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2019/08/msg01294.html
>   Subject: Re: mplayer won't play m4a
>   From: Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com>
>   Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 22:05:05 +0300
>
> Please check by looking at the full header display or into the mailbox file
> whether this message's header collection has
>   Newsgroups: gmane.linux.debian.user
> or any other occurence of "gmane".

I actually have two copies of that message: the one originally received
by me, and the one later provided by Rodolfo as an attachment (with the
filename '90'), which latter is the one he's been trying to reply to.

The one I received through the mailing list does not contain the string
'gmane', at all.

But the one provided by Rodolfo does, many times, including both in a
yourself, by downloading the same attachment I'm looking at.

--
   The Wanderer