Re: Cannot boot after distro upgrade

On 9/2/19 1:19 AM, Pascal Hambourg wrote:

Sure. I upgraded Jessie to Stretch last week. And it worked well for me until Friday eve. (And before that I upgraded Wheezy to Jessie cca year ago. It worked well for me too.)

Until is doesn't work any more. You cannot run a new system with an old kernel forever. Some parts of the new system require new features provided by a newer kernel. You should have upgraded the kernel as soon as you upgraded from Wheezy to Jessie. Same when upgrading from Jessie to Stretch.

Probably you are right. But it makes me wonder why the previous upgrade (from Wheezy to Jessie), as well as this one (from Jessie to Stretch) did not upgrade the kernel automatically, as it did with other packages.

Whatever, at the end of the day, it works again so I appreciate your comments on kernel issues.