Re: Is Buster ready?

On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 22:50:41 +0200
Alessandro Vesely <vesely@tana.it> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to install 10.0 via netinst. <SNIP> but it also has
> some funny behavior, like not adding /sbin to the PATH after a
> successful su command.

How are you calling su? If you just call su with no options, it simply
changes the user, and nothing else, leaving you in the environment of
the previous user.

To get the environment of the new user, run 'su - [user]'.

As usual, 'man su' for the gory details.

> I never installed Buster before.  Am I better off installing Stretch
> and then upgrade?

Probably not, but I don't know your situation.

--
"When we talk of civilization, we are too apt to limit the meaning of
the word to its mere embellishments, such as arts and sciences; but