Re: test, Was: mplayer won't play m4a

Hi,

The Wanderer wrote:
> >> Here's an attempt to reply to the message which Rodolfo Medina has
> >> reported having trouble replying to. Has anyone else tried to reply
> >> to this message, prior to this?

I wrote

The Wanderer wrote:
> But that doesn't seem to have been a reply to that same message. It
> shows up on my end as a reply to Rodolfo's message with Message-ID:
> <87blwe4rd8.fsf@lenovo>,

Ah yes.
But later i sent a follow-up to the message to which Rodolfo's replies
don't make it through the Debian list server.

Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Every time I'm sending a mail message from my Gnus system (even jus now), it
> says something as:
> The Message-ID looks strange: "<87sgpetvv7.fsf@lenovo>".  [...]

It looks barely legal. "lenovo" as domain is not very unique.
Normally it should be a registered domain name, so that no machine outside
that domain feels entitled to use its name in unique identifiers.

> Maybe this means something...  Maybe Andrei has some sort of anti-spam
> system that prevents strange IDs to reply to his posts...?

I doubt that Andrei's system(s) have anything to do with the problem.
The decision not to forward your mails is done by the Debian server,
unless your mail provider silently failed to hand over the mail to that
server.

I have a new theory.
The (to my knowledge) last failed attempt has: